Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Great Political Bake-Off, Part II


This bake-off (as rated by myself, roommates, and party guests) AND election both ended in favor of the same candidate! Michelle's shortbread reminded me of a cross between shortbread and a lemon square - a very enjoyable mix of flavors and textures, since I'm not a particular fan of straight-up shortbread or lemon squares. The citrus zest provided a strong, fruity flavor, which was tempered by the almond extract and the smooth creaminess of the butter. I plan to bake this recipe again, closer to Christmas, in my family's holiday shortbread pan.


Here's to the Obama landslide, in both votes and cookies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Political desserts - now that is a sweet idea (pun intended). I hope you added some extra freedom flour into the Obama dishes.